Note: When you have transferred your WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business to another device, it may take a few hours to synchronize the local change to the server. To help you update your WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business to the official version successfully, we recommend you to update the version about 8 hours later.
Please follow the steps below to update your WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business on Android:
Step 1: Backup your current WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business
- Open and log in to.
- Choose settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
Step 2: If your phone system is Android10 or above version, please connect your android phone to the computer and run the program in this zip file. (Please unzip the file first.)
Or you can choose to install the following app on your phone for quick WhatsApp data migration.
Step 3: Uninstall WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business
Once your WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business chats are backed up, you can uninstall the app.
Step 4: Reinstall WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business and enable Storage permissions
Then please open WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business on the device. After that, please enable the storage permissions from the app settings. Please note the operation may vary from different android versions.
If your Android version is under 9.0, please follow the instructions below:
If you're using Android 9.0, please follow the instructions below:
If you're using Android 10.0 or above, please follow the instructions below:
Step 5: Set WhatsApp Messenger Disconnect From Google Drive
1. Log in to Google Drive. Click the 【Settings】 button in the upper left corner and select Settings
2. Switch to the Manage Apps page in Settings. Scroll to the WhatsApp Messenger list at the bottom of the page. Click the 【OPTIONS】 button, and select the Disconnect from Drive option.
Step 6: Activate WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business and restore backup files
Log in your WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business and restore backup file you made in Step 1. Then you can view the transferred data in official WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business.
For mobile phone users in China Mainland, if your backup file cannot be loaded after activating WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business, please follow the instructions below:
- When your WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business is downloaded, log out your Google Play account.
- Open WhatsApp/WhatsApp Business and log in your account. After you input your verification code, you will see the steps as the image displayed below. At this time, please disable your network including Wi-Fi and Mobile data.
- Then, please continue the rest steps to finish the setup.
Can’t find your answer?
Wondershare support will be happy to help!
Feel free to ask us anything.
Service Time: Mon~Fri, 24 hours a day