It depends on your license type. See the table below:
|Upgrade Rules||License type|
|Free Upgrade||Filmora Filmora 9 and before Lifetime license|
|Filmora Subscription Plan|
|Filmora Business/Academic License|
Filmora 11 Perpetual Plan purchased within 90 days
(After Sep 13th, 2022)
|Discount Price to Upgrade||Filmora 10/11 Perpetual license|
1. A Perpetual license is a One-time Plan. With it, you can get free updates within the paid version, but there are no major upgrade options, which means if you plan to upgrade to the next major release, you'll have to buy it. We will offer you an exclusive discount price.
If you do not want to upgrade it now, you can still use Filmora 11 or the old versions you paid for forever. We will keep providing technical support whenever you encounter technical issues using the old versions.
2. To acquire the discount price to upgrade, make sure you installed Filmora 12 and logged in with your correct perpetual license account. Normally, our program will identify your license type when you click purchase inside the software and pop up the discount price accordingly.
3. With Subscription Plans, you'll always have the upgrades with the latest features, fixes, and security updates along with tech support at no extra cost.
4. The Upgrade Rules above are only applicable to Filmora subscriptions/licenses that were bought from our website.
5. For users with a Filmora version 9 and before lifetime license, due to the lack of clear license information on the Filmora 9 purchasing page, we are determined to make things right on the lifetime license upgrade issues. To that end, we are offering two compensation options to affected Filmora lifetime license holders.
- If you have not yet upgraded to Filmora 12, you are eligible for a free upgrade to the latest version. You can refresh your login status or log out and log in again, you will see Filmora 12 is activated. If you have not installed version 12 yet, you can go to our official website to download and install it.
- If you have already paid to upgrade, you can either request a full refund or receive free access to Filmora's effects and plugins for one year, valued at $99. Note: We will automatically provide you with a one-year free license of Filmora's effects and plugins if you do not contact our customer support team within one month before Feb 6 to choose your compensation option.
If you encounter any trouble with upgrading, feel free to contact our customer support team for more help.