Wondershare AllMyTube for Mac Getting StartedLast Revised: 2013-04-12 16:24:42
Double-click the file Wondershare Allmytube.dmg to start installation on your Mac. When you see an icon of Wondershare AllMyTube for Mac in a pop-up window, drag it into the Desktop or Applications folder.
Tip: If you want to download YouTube and online videos straight from web page by clicking Download button, please install extensions for Safari, Firefox or Chrome.
There are two ways to launch the application.
1. After the installation, you can find a Wondershare AllMyTube in the Applications folder, click Wondershare AllMyTube.app to launch the application.
2. If you are playing a video in browser (Safari, Firefox or Chrome), there is a Download button on the top of the playback window. Click the Download button, and the application will be launched.
The main interface is as the screenshot below.
There are three methods to download videos:
1. Open Safari( Firefox or Chrome) to browse the video you want to download. When there is a Download button on the top of the video, click it and the video will be added to the Downloading list. Also you can download the video by resolution.
2. Copy the URL of Video and then click Paste URL button. The video will start to be downloaded. Or you can choose Downloading>Paste URL on the top menu. The program will download the highest quality video automatically.
3. Drag the URL of the video you are playing to AllMyTube icon on Dock or the interface of AllmyTube, and the video will start to be downloaded.
Click Preferences on the AllMyTube menu, you can change the location of your downloaded videos, and set the number of downloads at the same time (8 at most).
Tip: if you want to download and then convert downloaded videos to one format directly, you can open the Download then Convert option, select output format. You can click thumbnail view type button to view the videos by listing.
Manage downloaded videos
The downloaded videos will be listed in Downloaded. The main interface is as the screenshot below.
1. Play: You can play videos in one of the following ways:
Point to the thumbnails of the video, click the Play icon.
Select a video and press the Space key.
Double-click the video to start playing it.
Right-click the video and choose Play from the shortcut menu.
In the playing pane, you can click the Snapshot button to take screenshot of the video. The screenshot will be stored on the Desktop.
Click Full screen button, you can view the downloaded files with full screen mode. Press esc on the keyboard, you can quit the full screen mode.
You can change the three play mode: Play item once, Repeat item, Playlist once by clicking the icon.
Play item once: play the selected video one time.
Repeat item:play the selected video repeatedly.
Playlist once:play the videos in the playlist one by one.
2. Rename: Right-click a video, and choose Rename from the shortcut menu to change the name of the video.
3. Delete: Right-click a video, and choose Delete from the shortcut menu. Or you can press the Delete key on your keyboard after you select a video. Select Delete original file as well, the file on the local disk could be deleted.
4. Copy URL: Right-click a video, and choose Copy URL from the shortcut menu, the source URL of the video will be copied.
5. Go to Source Page: Right-click a video, and choose Go to Source Page from the shortcut menu, the source Web page of the video will be opened.
6. Locate Converted File: Right-click a converted video, and choose Locate Converted File from the shortcut menu, the converted video could be found.
7: Import: Add your local FLV , Mp4, WebM videos to the program. And you can drag the videos to Downloaded list directly.
8. Collate Files: Right-click a video, and choose Collate Files from the shortcut menu, you can clear all unavailable tracks that the original files could not be found.
9: Sort By: Right-click a video, you can arrange the videos according to the Name, Date, Length, Size, Site of the videos. And you can choose Ascending or Descending. In addition, you can drag the videos manually to arrange them.
Tip: You can type name of the file in the Search box to search the file you want.
AllMyTube can convert videos to other formats so that you can watch them on various devices. Click Convert button of downloaded video in Downloaded pane, you will enter the interface as below.
Select the output format you want, click OK button.
Tip: Point to the format, you can click the Settings button to adjust parameters.
The main interface is as the screenshot below while converting.
After conversion, the Convert button will be changed to Converted. Point to the Converted button, it displays Convert. You can convert the video to other formats.
Tip: You can only convert one video at one time.
Go to the Wondershare AllMyTube in the Applications folder, uninstall the application by dragging the icon to the Trash directly.
Is this information helpful?
- Should I stop playing videos while converting?
- How to install the extension for Safari,Firefox and Chrome?
- What to do when the program fails to download a videos, Youtube videos especially?